Eastern New Mexico University has developed a program that supports individual efforts to enhance well-being and quality of life. The program is offered for faculty, staff, and community members.
The Lifelong Wellness Program (LLW) is designed to help start a physical activity program, increase the effectiveness of a current program, or develop skills to expand physical activity into new areas.
Register for HPE 128 for 1 credit hour for use of facilities such as the MaxPac, natatorium, basketball and racquetball courts, indoor walking area, and rock climbing wall. LLW members may choose from many of our 1 credit hour activity courses (fees apply for community members, employees, spouses, and retirees may use tuition waivers, HPE 128 will not require tuition waivers nor go against the allotted credit hours in policy).
Why should I enroll?
- Benefits to the individual
- Improved health
- Increased energy
- Increased sense of well-being
- Benefits the University
How does the program work?
- Complete the Registration form for admissions to ENMU. For assistance, please contact the LLW office at 575.562.2491 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Office is located in the Education building, room 105.
- Employees, spouses, and retirees will need to complete tuition waivers for the activities courses they want to attend except for HPE 128 which will not go against the allotted credit hours.
- Community members will be notified by the LLW office to ensure proper registration and payment.
When can we participate in this program?
Employees may participate on their own time in any of the activities. This will require approval by the employee's immediate supervisor.
What qualifies as a physical activity for this program?
- Most planned physical activity will qualify (see list of choices of activities).
- The physical activity you choose should be approved by this program.
Choices of activities
- Health-related physical activities such as household chores, yard work, etc.
- Swimming, all racquet sports, basketball, etc.; on-campus facilities available to all members
- HPE activity courses include: Tai Chi, Yoga Stretch and Balance, Aqua Aerobics and are subject to change or vary from semester to semester
Community members, contact email@example.com to reserve a spot in one of the classes being offered. Employees, spouses, and retirees can register and submit a tuition waiver for each course.
- MaxPAC: faculty and staff have priority noon to 1 p.m.
- Lobby of Greyhound Arena: indoor walking
- Outdoor track (no pets or strollers, please)
- Natatorium (on campus): lap swim occurs midday and early evening, check with the LLW office for accuracy on hours
- Tennis courts (on campus): HPE 128 has priority
- Racquet sports (in gym): faculty and staff have priority from noon to 1 p.m. PHED 1230 has priority during class times
- Basketball: faculty and staff have priority from noon to 1 p.m. (other times, priority falls to Greyhound basketball and intramural teams)