The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rate at which participants complete high school and enroll in and graduate from postsecondary education.
About Upward Bound
- The ENMU Upward Bound Program serves 78 active participants from Curry and Roosevelt counties.
- The program is based on the campus of Eastern New Mexico University in Portales, NM and has been in operation at ENMU since 1966.
- Funding for Upward Bound is provided by the United States Department of Education. Upward Bound services are free of charge to students who meet the eligibility criteria.
Upward Bound Eligibility
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be first generation (potentially the first child to graduate from college) and/or low-income (low-income as defined by the US Department of Education) or considered academically at-risk
- Is a raising 9th grader or 11th grader at the time of admission
- Must attend one of the following schools: Clovis High School or Portales High School
- Demonstrate a desire to attend a post-secondary institution, show academic or personal need
Please contact the Upward Bound Office at 575.562.2452 if you have any questions regarding the eligibility criteria.
ENMU Station 36
1500 S Ave K
Portales, NM 88130