All full-time faculty who are completing at least five years at ENMU
Academic achievement with particular emphasis on the last five years
$2000 each and plaque prepared by the president's office
- Advising (1)
- Research/Scholarly/Creative Activity (1)
- Service (1)
- Teaching (1)
- knowledge of advising procedures and regulations (e.g., prerequisites, class rotation, repeat policy)
- accessibility and availability to students
- ability to mentor and guide students to make good decisions (e.g., major, career development)
- contribution to university-wide discussions on effective advising
- publication and/or presentation (in the discipline at meeting of a learned society)
- significant awards/recognition
- grants/other funding
- involvement of students
- significant committee work
- service to department or discipline and/or
- service to university and/or
- service to community
- ability to engage the student
- knowledge and use of best teaching strategies
- ability to challenge students
- responsiveness to student needs/concerns
Process for Identifying Recipients
- faculty (may include dept. chair)
- students (for advising, service, and teaching)
- university employees (for advising and service)
Note: Submissions are only accepted by standard nomination form.
- Faculty may be nominated in more than one category.
- Faculty are eligible to receive the same award again after an additional five year period.
- Nominations are submitted to the Academic Affairs office.
2. Committee reviews nominations and selects nominees from which they will request additional supporting information.
3. Selected nominees will be asked to provide additional information.
4. Committee meets to: evaluate additional materials submitted by selected nominees, consider all supporting materials, and make recommendations to the president via the VPAA.
Note: In any given year, not all awards may be recommended/presented.