Client Support is in charge of maintaining all of the academic and administrative computing environments including Labs, Smart Classrooms, and Student Network Resources (ResLan).
The ITS services area maintains a helpdesk to log all requests. The helpdesk is the first line support for faculty, staff and students when they need computing or telephone assistance. They work with users over the telephone or face to face with their requests. To request help with a service below, call 575.562.4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the problem, the contact person and location.
Types of assistance the Helpdesk can support includes:
- Desktop applications (software purchases, installations, uninstalls)
- Computer/printer/telephone issues
- Set-up/rebuilds of computing equipment
- Email issues of unable to connect, folder setup, shared calendars, etc.
- Network connectivity on-campus including student dorms and wireless
- Upgrading computers through the yearly computer replacement plan
- Moving computer/telephone equipment from one location to another (Once per year from date of last move. Additional moves are available for a small fee), or reclaiming equipment that is no longer being used
- Resetting email and network passwords when requested
- Reservations for Computers on Wheels (COWs) or problems with "Smart Classrooms"
- Providing network support for personal student computers registered on the ENMU Network in dorms
- Network, email and administrative computing
- Emailing to mass distribution lists for staff, faculty and students
- Performing computer and personal data backups
- Shared data areas and department data restores
- Log in/privilege access within the Banner
- Administrative application and Self-Service Banner
- Specialized reports from Banner
- Helping with small stand-alone databases
- Campus telephone service-moves, adds and changes
- ITS does not provide support for the copiers. Contact Purchasing at 575.562.2425 for support