Name: Scott Golem, Assistant Professor, Graphic Design
ENMU Role: Faculty / Mentor
ENMU Email: email@example.com
Preferred method of contact: Email
Office Phone: 575-562-2162
Office Location: Art and Anthropology Building, Room 108
Home Town: Portales, NM
Cultural Background: Born and raised in the suburbs of Detroit, MI; Polish American
Other Languages: A few words in Spanish
- Education: MFA in Graphic Design from the University of North Texas; BA in Graphic Design from Michigan State University; Associates Degree from Schoolcraft Community College
- Research interests in: photography, printmaking, motion graphics, participating in faculty exchange programs.
- Additional Information: Co-Advisor for ACE&D (art, creativity, education and design); Student campus art group; Member of the ENMU FAC (fine arts committee); Advisor for the El Portal student poem and short story book; Graphic Design Program student Advisor
- One challenge I experienced in college: Managing my time. I was a full-time student and working part-time. While going to the community college, I worked at a newspaper for about 22 hours a week. It was about 5 miles away from the school and 15 miles away from my home. Part of my time was eaten up through travel. At home, I was able to study in a quiet room to avoid outside distractions.
- I am a Greyhound Connection Mentor because I want to use my own experiences in college to help new ENMU students be successful. I am a good listener and like to solve problems. In obtaining my university degrees, there have been obstacles along the way and I can share with you solutions that worked for me.