Name: Wendy Gillman, Career Outreach Counselor
ENMU Role: Staff / Mentor
ENMU Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Preferred method of contact: Phone
Office Phone: 575-562-2457
Office Location: SAS 232
Home Town: Lancaster, PA
- Education: Master's of Science in Counseling- track- College Student Personnel- and 200 hour RYT Certified Yoga Instructor
- Additional Information: I am new to ENMU and New Mexico. I am just beginning to get involved locally. I plan to teach yoga on campus or at Clovis 575 Yoga studio.
- I am starting to get involved with supporting the local United Way and also Labor of Love animal rescue.
- One challenge that I experienced in college was choosing a major and career path. This is big part of why I love Career Services and supporting students throughout their journey here. I changed my major on paper three times and about five times in my head.
- I ended up with an undergraduate degree of public relations and a minor in business. This speaks to my entrepreneurial spirit and desire to market new ideas, businesses and events.
- Later, I decided that Counseling within colleges would be a good fit and I went on to a Masters. I also had a difficult time with feeling comfortable reaching out to faculty for questions, especially if they appeared old school. I ended up getting over it and really enjoying connecting with faculty. But, this can be daunting to all students.
- I am Greyhound Connection mentor because if there is anything that I can do to support students with their college journey, I want to be available to offer an open, friendly and confidential support to any student.
- It is a special time in life that allows for personal growth and independent thinking and can also create growing pains.
- I want to assure students that it is normal to have some struggles whether academically, emotionally or socially, in college. Yet, with some support and discipline, the outcome will be worth it.