Online Library Resources
To search for journal articles only, in a database specifically designed for your subject matter, go to the library home page, click the Databases icon, and select one of the databases listed below at the Databases by Name alphabetical list in the upper right. Click the letter that begins the database name and then the database name link; from off campus, enter your portal username and password at the remote authentication screen.
Databases for Education (Education, Bilingual, SPED, Ed Counseling) Research
- Education Research Complete--scholarly, full text
- ERIC--limited full text
- Academic Search Complete--scholarly, full text
- JSTOR--scholarly, significant full text
- Informe--Spanish language, full text
- Mental Measurements Yearbook--test reviews; full text; Ed Counseling, SPED
- PsycINFO--scholarly, limited full text; Ed Counseling, SPED
- Science Direct--scholarly, full text is indicated by PDF links; SPED
- Westlaw Next--full text, education law
- PubMed--medical; full text at Free Full text link in lefthand sidebar; SPED
- Google Scholar
Education Web Resources
US Department of Education Research and Statistics
The library's all-in-one Catalog enables you to search everything in the library at one time, including books, music, films, journal articles, eBooks, etc. If you are searching only for journal articles, using individual, subject-specific databases is highly recommended.
- To search everything at once, enter your search term in the box
- At the left-hand sidebar, limit your search by format
- For eBooks, click eBook box in the left-hand sidebar, then the title link and the "View eBook" link
- For print books, films, music, etc., click the appropriate box(es) in the left-hand sidebar, then the title link and look for location code, call number and availability
Ask for help if you have any questions! Contact the Reference Desk, or by phone at 575.562.2638.