Online Library Resources
To search for journal articles only, in a database specifically designed for your subject matter, go to the library home page, click the Databases icon, and select one of the databases listed below at the Databases by Name alphabetical list in the upper right. Click the letter that begins the database name and then the database name link; from off campus, enter your portal username and password at the remote authentication screen.
Databases for Communication Research
- Academic Search Complete--scholarly, full text
- Communication and Mass Media Complete--scholarly, full text
- Westlaw Next--full text; business, news, legal
- CQ Researcher--scholarly, full text; good for social issues, public speaking topics
- JSTOR--scholarly, full text except current issues
- Current Jobs in Communication
- Business Source Complete--scholarly, full text, business, public relations topics
- NewsBank--for newspapers, also NY Times, Wall Street Journal
- Google Scholar
The library's all-in-one Catalog enables you to search everything in the library at one time, including books, music, films, journal articles, eBooks, etc. If you are searching only for journal articles, using individual, subject-specific databases is highly recommended.
- To search everything at once, enter your search term in the box
- At the left-hand sidebar, limit your search by format
- For eBooks, click eBook box in the left-hand sidebar, then the title link and the "View eBook" link
- For print books, films, music, etc., click the appropriate box(es) in the left-hand sidebar, then the title link and look for location code, call number and availability
Ask for help if you have any questions! Contact the Reference Desk, or by phone at 575.562.2638.