Online Library Resources
To search for journal articles, go to the library home page, click the Databases icon, and select one of the databases listed below at the Databases by Name alphabetical list in the upper right. Click the letter that begins the database name and then the database name link; from off campus enter your portal username and password at the remote authentication screen.
In cases where a desired article is not available full-text online, you may request it via Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and we will send it to you (see Requesting Material, below).
Databases for Aviation Science Research
- Academic Search Complete--scholarly, full text, good for many topics
- Search example: [aviation safety] --enter in the first search box, scroll down and check the Scholarly Peer-reviewed Journals box, on the left, and limit by date, e.g., 2008 to 2015 at the Published Date boxes on the right
- Click PDF or HTML links for full-text articles; LinkSource links provide full text only about 50% of the time (there is no login)
- Print, email or download the articles
- Request any non-full-text articles via ILL
- Science Direct--scholarly, scientific, significant full text
- Search example: [aviation and alternative fuels] --enter in the first search box and press Enter key
- Scroll down on the left and click as many Year boxes as desired; then select Article Type and Access Type
- Full text is indicated by PDF links
- Business Source Complete--scholarly, significant full text, business and marketing
- Search example: [aviation risk management] --enter in the first box and proceed the same as with the Academic Search Premier database discussed above (they are both by the same vendor and are used exactly the same way)
- Westlaw Next--full text, legal
- To search for a particular court case, click the Cases link and enter the party names in the search box, or go to federal, state or cases by topic and then enter info [search example: airport security] in the search box
- Click the highlighted links for full text. Scroll down for entire case contents
- Return to main database screen if you want to search by Statutes, Regulations, etc.