- Item check out and check in
- Reserve items check out and return
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) materials pick up and return
- Library lost and found
Checking Out Materials
- All patrons must present a current ENMU ID, Guest ID, or Passport
- Faculty, administration and professional employees loan period: All items due at the end of the semester
- Graduate Students loan period: 8 weeks
- All Others loan period: 3 weeks
- General Materials - $.25 per day
- Reserve Materials - $.25 per hour
- Reference Materials - $.50 per hour
- Recall Materials - $1.00 per day
Lost or Damaged Books
When a book is lost, the patron is charged the higher of average purchase price per book or actual replacement, plus a $10.00 processing fee. If an item is damaged, the patron must pay replacement or binding charges. Rebinding costs are charged by the bindery or if repaired in house, a $10.00 fee is charged.
- Renewal of Materials - Items not on hold, recall, or overdue may be renewed once by contacting the Circulation Desk at 562.2634, or in person.
- Placing a Hold - A patron who needs an item that is checked out may place a hold on it at the Circulation Desk. This hold will identify an item upon its return, but will not trigger a search of the stacks.
- Recalling an Item - All library material currently checked out may be recalled by another patron. The current borrower is sent a notice that the book is due after it has been held one week. Patrons not returning recalled materials within 3 days of the new due date will incur a fine and borrowing privileges will be blocked.
- Search for Missing Items - Patrons may request a search for an item by completing a form at the Circulation Desk. Patrons will be notified when the item is located or when a thorough search cannot locate the item.
- Patron Printouts - Upon request, a patron will be provided a list of all items charged to their ID card.
- Privileges - All fines are recorded. When fines amount to $10.00 or more, further borrowing is blocked.
- Right to Appeal - All borrowers have the right to appeal library charges or suspension of privileges. Appeals are made to the Circulation Supervisor.
- Confidentiality - Golden Library protects the confidentiality of its borrowers in compliance with Section 18.9 of the New Mexico Code Annotated (Library Privacy).
For additional information, contact Krystina Ferrari, or by phone at 575.562.2634.