To access articles, click the title link and then the PDF link in the left-hand sidebar, if needed. Enter your portal username and password when requested. You may print, email or download the articles.
1. Adamson, K. A., Gubrud, P., Sideras, S., & Lasater, K. (2012). Assessing the reliability, validity, and use of the Lasater Clinical Judgment Rubric: Three approaches. Journal of Nursing Education, 51(2), 66-73.
2. Akram, A. S., Mohamad, A., & Akram, S. (2018). The role of clinical instructor in bridging the gap between theory and practice in nursing education. International Journal of Caring Sciences, 11(2), 876-882. (MLO 2)
3. Aliakbari, F., Parvin, N., Heidari, M., & Haghani, F. (2015). Learning theories application in nursing education. Journal of Education and Health Promotion, 4(2). doi:10.4103/2277-9531.151867
4. Brajtman, S., Higuchi, K., & Murray, M. A. (2009). Developing meaningful learning experiences in palliative care nursing education. International Journal of Palliative Nursing, 15(7), 327-331.
5. Chabeli M. M. (2010). Concept-mapping as a teaching method to facilitate critical thinking in nursing education: A review of the literature. Journal of Interdisciplinary Health Sciences,15(1), 70-76.
6. Fagermon, M. S. (1997). Professional identity: Values embedded in meaningful nursing practice. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 25(3), 434-441.
7. Gerdeman, J. L., Lux, K., & Jacko, J. (2013). Using concept mapping to build clinical judgment skills. Nurse Education Practice, 13, 11-17.
8. Hice, D. L. (2018). Concept-based learning and enhancement of metacognition in nursing education. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 4(1), online
9. Kaddoura, M., VanDyke, O., & Shea-Foisy, K. (2016). Impact of concept-mapping on the development of clinical judgment skills in nursing students. Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 11(2016), 101-107.
10. Kim, S., Phillips, WR, Pinsky, L. (2006). A conceptual framework for developing teaching cases: A review and synthesis of the literature across disciplines. Medical Education, 40(9), 867-876.
11. Lasater, K. (2007). Clinical judgment development: Using simulation to create an assessment rubric. Journal of Nursing Education, 46(11), 496-503.
12. Lasater, K. (2009). Reflective journaling for clinical judgment development. Journal of Nursing Education, 46(1), 40-44.
13. Maranon, A. A., Pera, M. P. I. (2015). Theory and practice in the construction of professional identity in nursing students: A qualitative study. Nurse Education Today, 35(2015). doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2015.03.014
14. McCrae, N. (2012). Whither nursing models? The value of nursing theory in the context of evidence-based practice and multidisciplinary health care. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(1), 222-229.
15. Nielsen, A., Lasater, K., & Stock, M. (2016). A framework to support preceptors' evaluation and development of new nurses' clinical judgment. Nurse Education in Practice, 19(2016), 84-90.
16. Olivaria de Sousa, A. T., Formiga, N. S., Dos Santos Oliveira, S. H., Lopes Costa, M. M., & Guimaraes Oliveira Soares, M. J. (2015). Using the theory of meaningful learning in nursing education. Revista Brasileira de Enferm, 68(4), 626-635.
17. Page-Cutrara, K., & Turk, M. (2017). Impact of prebriefing on competency performance, clinical judgment, and experience in simulation: An experimental study. Nurse Education Today, 48(2017).
18. Poikela, P., Ruokamo, H., & Teräs, M. (2015. Comparison of meaningful learning characteristics in simulated nursing practice after traditional versus computer-based simulation method: A qualitative videography study. Nurse Education Today, 35(2), 373-382. doi: 10.1016/j.nedt.2014.10.009
19. Robert, R. R., Tilley, D. S., & Petersen, S. (2014). A power in clinical nursing practice: Concept analysis on nursing intuition. MEDSURG Nursing, 23(5), 343-349.
20. Romeros, C., Moises, C., & Buzon, O. (2017). Meaningful learning using concept maps as a learning strategy. Journal of Technology and Science Education, 7(3), 313-332.
21. Sommers, C. L. (2018). Measurement of critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and clinical judgment in culturally diverse nursing students – A literature review. Nurse Education in Practice, 30(2018), 91-100. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2018.04.002
22. Tanner, C. A. (2006). Thinking like a nurse: A research-based model of clinical judgment in nursing. Journal of Nursing Education, 45(6), 204-211.
23. Victor-Chmil, J. (2013). Critical thinking versus clinical reasoning versus clinical judgment: Differential diagnosis. Nurse Educator, 38, 34-36.
24. Yue, M., Zhang, M., Zhang, C., & Jin, C. (2017). The effectiveness of concept mapping on development of critical thinking in nursing education: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Nursing Education Today, 52(2017), 87-94. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2017.02.018
To access the material below, click title link and enter password provided by your instructor.
1. Im, Eun-Ok and Ju Chang, Sun. (2012). Current Trends in Nursing Theories. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 44(2), 156-164.
2. Price, S. L. (2009). Becoming a nurse: A meta-study of early professional socialization and career choice in nursing. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 65, 11-19.