To ensure the quality of your project with Communication Services, please allow a minimum of:
All printed publication projects take two-four weeks depending on the complexity of your project
Web update requests take 72 hours
Two to five business days for normal duplicating requests
Two weeks notice for social media coverage of an event
One week notice for announcements on social media
Your Work Order
Filling out the form to open a work order for your job is an important first step to make sure your printed or duplicated job is handled promptly and efficiently. If you have questions about different parts of the form, click on the topics below to read more about that section.
This field should contain the name of the person who will be the contact for this job. This doesn't necessarily mean that the person filling out the form, although many times the person filling out the form WILL be the contact for the job.
This is one of the most important pieces of information we collect. This email address must be a valid email address. Once the job request is submitted, this email address will receive an email which has information required to pick up the completed job. Again, this doesn't necessarily need to be the email of the person filling out the form, but whoever checks this email address will have to print this email and acquire all required signatures prior to picking up the completed job.
If you are on-campus, you only need to include the last four digits of your phone number in the EXT box. This phone number should be for the person named in the Full Name box above.
This is the University department where the job originates from. If you know your department abbreviation, you should include that here as well. For instance, the Department of Languages and Literature would be LAS LL (College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - LAS, and then Languages and Literature, LL).
Type of Job
Type of Job contains several categories: Duplicating Services, Printed Pubs/Design, Paper (Supplies), Web Services, Photography, Other
- Duplicating Services: If you have a duplicating request, choose "Duplicating Services." You can also use this form to order paper as well; be sure to choose "Paper (Supplies)" for paper orders.
- Printed Pubs/Design: If you are ordering forms, business cards, envelopes, letterhead, brochures, posters or other printed materials, please choose "Printed Pubs or Design" as your Type of Job. You would choose this type even if you created the publication yourself and are submitting it to be printed on at Duplicating Services. This category also covers graphic design services.
- Paper (Supplies): Choose this Type of Job if you are ordering reams of copy paper or other general paper supplies.
- Web Services: Choose this Type of Job if you are requesting a Web update, new pages or other Web content.
- Photography: Need a photographer for an official University event? Use this as your Type of Job for photography purposes
- Other: If there is something else you need that is not listed here, choose "Other" as your Type of Job.