Eastern New Mexico University has developed a program that supports individual efforts to enhance well-being and quality of life. The first step is a for-credit course offered for faculty, staff, and community members.
Lifelong Wellness Workshops are designed to help employees start a physical activity program, increase the effectiveness of a current program, or develop skills to expand physical activity into new areas. Informational handouts and presentations will also be offered through these workshops.
Why should I enroll?
- Benefits to the individual
- Improved health
- Increased energy
- Increased sense of well-being
- Benefits to the University
- Increased number of credit hours
How does the program work?
- Fill out an Registration form for the program. Registration forms are available on a link in the upper right of this webpage (wellness and conversation Spanish app) or from the HPE department,
- Please return registration forms to Greyhound Arena, Room 44A; Station 17; OR email@example.com.
- Employees are granted additional tuition waiver for this program.
- Bonus: You may enroll in a Lifelong Wellness Workshop in addition to the one class normally allowed on the tuition waiver.
- Record each physical activity session; this may be recorded in the MaxPAC in Greyhound Arena, in the Natatorium, or from a computer station. (We provide a calendar in print form and as an Excel document.) Fall 2017 Calendar
- The workshops will be graded satisfactory/unsatisfactory. To earn an "S" participants need to complete 30 sessions (at least 30 minutes each) throughout the semester. [If you are unable to reach that goal by the end of the semester, you will receive an "unsatisfactory."]
When can we participate in this program?
Employees may participate on their own time in any of the activities. This will require approval by the immediate supervisor and coordination with others in the department to ensure that we take care of University business.
What qualifies as a physical activity for this program?
- Most planned physical activity will qualify (see list of Choices of Activities).
- The physical activity you choose should be approved by this program.
Choices of activities
- Health-Related Physical Activites- Including but not limited to Household Chores
- Swimming, Tennis, Raquet Sports, Basketball, etc.- On campus Facilities available to all members
- HPE Activity Classes- Include Tai Chi, Stretch and Balance, Aqua Aerobics, Weight Training, etc.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve space in one of the classes being offered.
- MaxPAC-Faculty and staff priority noon to 1 pm- HPE 124 priority during classes- "Slow Times" 6am- 11am
- Lobby of Greyhound Arena- Indoor walking
- Outdoor track (no pets or strollers, please)
- Natatorium- lap swim occurs midday and early evening
- Tennis Courts (on campus)- HPE 138 has priority - Inquire about tennis group at email@example.com
- Raquet Sports (in gym)- Faculty and staff have priority from noon to 1 p.m.- HPE 103 has priority during class times
- Basketball- Faculty and staff have priority from noon to 1 p.m. (other times priority falls to Greyhound Basketball teams and intramurals)
Map available in the HPE office for walking distances on campus sidewalks.
Specific calendars Available on Blackboard